Linking with the Drag & Drop Method
The easiest method for adding buttons to the menu window and linking them with documents is to use Drag & Drop.
- In the Creator Toolbar, click on the Explorer symbol (yellow folder with magnifying glass).
This will open Windows Explorer.
- Arrange the Creator window and the Explorer window so that both
windows are at least partially visible on the screen.
- Navigate to the documents you wish you link to using Explorer.
- Right-click and hold on the document.
- While still holding the mouse button, pull the cursor into the project
window, and then let go of the mouse button. This will create a new button
and initiate the Link Assistant.
Link Assistant - Link Wizard
The Link Wizard helps you link buttons to files,
and it guides you through several settings pages.
As long as the file-type is one of the following
supported file types, you can simply accept the default
settings by clicking "More" button. Supported File Types:
Pdf, Htm, Html, Txt, Rtf, Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Exe.
For document file types (Pdf, Htm, Html, Txt, Rtf, Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Exe)
the Link Wizard automatically implements usable default settings.
For document file types (Htm, Html, Txt, Rtf, Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp),
KSSW-FrontEndMenu Creator will open them in an included Viewer program.